1215 San Elijo Road N, San Marcos, CA 92078
License # E4378 CALL US: 760-634-0585

Earn a Learner’s Permit and Driver’s License

We have over 60 years of experience providing qualified, affordable driving instruction to North County and the surrounding area.

YourDriversEd.com benefits:

California DMV Approved Online Drivers Education. Get Your Drivers License FAST..!

Step1:Sign up for our approved DMV driver education course.

Step2: Upon completion of our online course receive a Certificate of Completion (DL 400C).

Step3: Study the DMV California Driver Handbook , complete our course and Practice Exams.
It is important that you know all the rules and regulations of driving before taking the DMV permit written test, so be prepared to learn this material!

Step4: Make an appointment with DMV office of your choice and take the permit test.

You will be required to present the following documentation. This will include:

teen-driver (1)

  • Completed DL 44 form (Pick this up from any DMV office. Parents’ or guardians’ signatures on DL 44 form are a requirement) You will sign in the presence of a DMV employee
  • Thumb print
  • Your picture will be taken
  • Your social security number will be requested
  • Present a legal birth date document
  • Present a legal birth date document
  • Show proof of completion of Driver Education and/or Driver Training
  • Pay a fee that entitles you to three exams in a 12-month period. This fee is good for both the instruction permit and the driver license. You must complete all testing within a 12 month period or repeat the process all over again.
  • Complete and pass a vision test.
  • Pass a knowledge test. 46 questions on the test. 39 correct answers are the minimum for success. You are given three chances to pass the test. You must wait 7 days before taking it again. You must pay the original application fee if you cannot pass in three attempts to have an opportunity to once again pass.

Driver Education and Driver Training Form Requirements

At 15 ½ years of age, you will need to submit:

  • Form DL 400C (Driver Education completion) and DL 400D (Driver training completion)
  • If you are over 17 ½ but under 18 years of age, you may get your permit without the driver education and driver training certificates however, you will not be able to take the driving test until you turn 18.
    Upon successful completion of your written test, you are issued a provisional permit. You may drive with any licensed driver over age 25 or older. They must sit in a position that allows them to take control of the vehicle, if necessary. It is illegal for you to drive alone at any time.
    To be eligible to take your driving test you must:
    Be 16 years of age
  • Be in possession of your permit for a minimum of six months
  • Successful completion of driver education
  • Completed 6 hours of driver training with a DMV licensed driving school
  • Completed 50 hours of practice with an adult licensed driver 25 years or older. They are to certify that the 50 hours has been completed. At least 10 of the 50 hours must be night driving.

Show proof of insurance for the vehicle you will be taking your drive test in. When you pass the drive test you will be issued an interim license valid for 60 days. You will receive your new photo license in the mail. Check your address before you leave DMV. Tell the DMV representative if you have moved or if your address is incorrect. Call (916) 657-7790 and they can check on your license status for you if you have not received your license after 60 days, Have your interim license with you to provide information when requested. If you fail your drive test, you must wait two weeks before you can take the test again. You have three chances to pass.

If driver education and driver training were taken in a state other than California, DMV will accept either a To Secondary Schools Other Than California Schools form DL 33 completed by the out-of state school, or a letter on the out-of state school’s stationary signed by a school official stating that the courses are equivalent to California’s requirements. Instructional permits issued by another state are not acceptable.

Start Today!